View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 02:44 PM   #327
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
We get a franchise and transition tag this next offseason.
I don't know enough about the transition tag to know if it gives you the ability to 'secure' a player's rights and trade them.

I know it gives us the right to match a deal, but opposing teams won't really care about that and with so many teams having a ton of cap space, it won't be difficult to structure one in a way that makes it REAL hard for the Chiefs to match.

And as there's no compensation in return to the Chiefs if they don't match, it won't do anything to prevent teams from throwing gobs of money at him if they want to.

Ultimately I could see it allowing us to secure some nominal value; maybe a 3rd rounder or something for a team with a ton of cap space that knows they can match whatever an opposing team offers him, but even that assumes that they are allowed to to a 'tag and trade' on a transition tag. I mean....I guess they could.

So it's better'n nothin'.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.