View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 10:02 AM   #2240
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I think a pretty real question at this point is, is there something broken in the Royals minor league development of hitters?

So many guys are far worse than expected it makes you wonder what's going on.

I agree.

Pratto and Melendez are both showing positive signs since the ASB. Purely speculative, but I do wonder if a combination of swing/approach changes taking hold and warmer weather is leading to that.

I think part of the Royals issue with hitting development has been the type of players they target. They have traditionally jumped in on very athletic, projectable guys and rarely spend premium picks on bat-first types.

They also haven’t spent many high picks on hitters recently (other than Pratto and Melendez, recent drafts had high picks going pitching.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.