View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 08:50 AM   #1091
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

I just talked about that in my post. I was pissed at both sides. I was probably the norm.

Time heals all wounds. That healing is helped by the 8 years of time. We now know it would have sucked if he had stayed due to his decline and injuries. He was almost a DH from year 1. NL no DH. If he stayed, it would have got ugly.

Seeing the reaction this weekend, if he selects the STL cap for the HOF, he gets a statue at Bush III.
A decade later we see it was good for all sides. pujols left not for money, but more years guaranteed. Cardinals didn't want to give him that and they were right. STL didn't get hamstrung by a bad contract. Albert got to play in a DH league with guarantees that force him into a lineup so he can keep chasing career leaderboards. And Anaheim, let's be real... Nobody gives a shit about baseball there so pujols' brand alone probably has made them a good amount of money. All sides won in the end.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.