View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #962
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The only thing I don't presently love about YoutubeTV is that their interface isn't terribly user friendly; at least nothing resembling DirecTV.

Do you have a remote you use that behaves particularly well with it?
I have the Roku device hooked up to the back of my TV. It works but occasionally, it doesn't want to work. At that point I have to push the button to have it sync again.

Yes, there are some things with this tech and YoutubeTV, in particular, that they need to improve.
For one, it would be nice if there was a previous channel button. Also, for some networks, it records the show to YoutubeTV's servers but for others, it streams the feed directly from that network's website. For example, any CBS program is streamed from the CBS website servers. The reason I say this is that it forces you to watch all their (CBS) commercials, whereas a show that I record on another network will allow me to skip through the commercials. Thankfully, there aren't too many that do this, at least for now. The other problem with that is that the show will be streaming along just fine but then when their ads are inserted, my stream sometimes starts acting up.

So yeah, this isn't a perfect system, but it's pretty good. And I'm saving a lot of $$ this way. And if I don't like it, I can easily change services with no penalties.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.