View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 01:39 PM   #1613
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
If you were quantifying "bust probability" in a simple percentage: what is Witt's % and what's Rutschmann's?

Well, that’s hard. If I could place odds on things like that, I’d probably be running a scouting department somewhere...

Witt has a higher ceiling because he plays a more important position and is a plus runner. Rutschman has a higher floor because of what he has proven so far in college.

If guessing, I’d say Rutschman’s is about 20 percent bust, 20 percent ceiling (GG catcher who posts .280/.400/.550), rest in between (solid to good MLB starter).

Witt’s bust potential is probably 10 percent higher, at least, and the ceiling is more like 10 percent, with a 30ish percent outcome of util infielder, 30ish percent outcome of solid to good starter.

His ceiling would be something like .300/.400/.550, flirting with 30-30, with above-average D at SS.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.