View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #1609
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

The biggest concern I have with Witt is that he’s 19 - actually older than Bubba Starling was when he was drafted.

That adds a little bit of a bust rate. Hopefully his instincts and pedigree and exposure/competition help him overcome the troubles older players sometimes have.

Witt will be older on draft day than A-Rod when he debuted.

Now, you COULD argue that will help him move fast. He’s a baseball rat who grew up around the game and has premium bloodlines. If any HS player should move quickly, it’s him.

I’d like to see the Royals challenge him with single A rather than rookie league if he’s the pick and signs quickly. Or at least be open to it if he demolishes rookie ball for a few weeks.

It’s encouraging he made the updates and changes to his swing he did over the offseason. Handled many of the questions about his hit tool. That type of adjustment ability is critical to success as a pro.

I could see a development curve for Witt that looks like this:

2020: Single Season A, High A
2021: High A, AA
2022: AAA, MLB
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.