Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #2318
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP View Post
Oh, I am aware that a person shouldn't be a miser when it comes to guns. I just needed to set the parameters for recommendations.

Not an expert on calibers but something that packs a punch. Price range would be $300-500 dollars (however this price range is just an estimate in my mind. I am not up to date on the current gun prices.)
I paid around $600 for the 19 I have now - it is a new Gen 5 with night sights. You can find older generations for around $500.

As far as guns in the $300-$500 range, there are various M&P models and Springfield XDs/XDms. I've owned these in the past and would recommend them. I hear good things about Walther Creeds, but have never shot one. You can get one for around $250. Rugers are okay. And I'm a big fan of CZs, and had my heart set on getting a CZ P10 C last year, but my gunsmith convinced me to get the Glock instead. Still, you can get a CZ P10 C from CDNN right now for $389. That's a good deal.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/catalogse...q=cz%20p10%20c

Again, I strongly recommend that whatever you get does NOT have an external safety. You don't need one, and you don't want one. And nothing smaller than a 9mm. .380s just don't have enough stopping power.

I'd stay away from Taurus and absolutely stay away from Keltec. And if you get a ****ing Hi-point I'll never speak to you again.

And for a novice, stay away from 1911s. They are not beginner guns.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote