Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 08:16 PM   #2313
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Beautiful pistol, no doubt. That price tag - at least for me, makes my 1911-A1 much more "desirable". $500 as opposed to $3,000. I mean, I look at it this way: In skirmishes where I had to use my 1911 - and there were probably 10-12 during Vietnam, for whatever reason, my trusty 1911 never failed me once.

The 9mm pistols - of which I own several (all Sigs - with the exception of my beloved P220) are in 9mm. Still, though, to this day, 9mm just doesn't "do it" for me. Cut my teeth on the .45...and I love them. John Moses Browning had his shit together when he brainstormed the .45 1911. Still does to this day!
You can't go wrong with a .45 and the good thing is there's lots of .45 pistols out there to choose from. As for your basic 1911 platform pistol, you can go from inexpensive Rock Island Armory pistols all the way up to crazy expensive ($6k) 1911s and everything in between.

That Springfield Armory 1911 A1 is hard to pass up. I know other manufacturers make good 1911s for between $500 to $1000 like Smith & Wesson.

All I can say is stay away from Kimber. I've fired a Kimber 1911 and it was very disappointing. For the money you have to pay for a Kimber 1911, I say look elsewhere. But that's my only strong opinion on 1911s and I know some people swear by Kimber.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 05-27-2019 at 08:33 PM..
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli