Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 08:40 PM   #2308
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I should've mentioned that several Colts can be had for between $850-$1000, at least on BGS. Probably elsewhere a well.

I don't own any really high-end 1911s, but I've shot a few, including a couple Les Baers, a Dan Wesson, a couple Wilson Combats, and a Nighthawk. If I was made of money, I could carry a WC or NH without fear. But one of the caveats to these high-end guns is that they have to be kept clean. That means field stripping it weekly regardless of whether it's been shot, and cleaning then lubing the thing.

Also, you have to take the time and expense of figuring out what ammo works perfectly in your particular gun. Again, if you're made of money, this is not a problem, and if you can afford one of these things, then you're made of money, basically.

Someday I plan on getting a Wilson Combat, as having a unique, designed-by-me 1911 just appeals to me. But I probably won't ever carry it.
You also have to break the these guns in, for example, the Les Baers recommends about 500 rounds be put through it before it's fully broken in.
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli