View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 11:35 AM   #186
sorta mod-ish

My inner 15 year old comic book nerd that got hooked on Marvel starting with the original Secret Wars story and going through all the Infinity Gauntlet stories and spin offs was completely geeked out and loving every second. The Russo Brothers pulled off this story about as well as they possibly could have considering they had maybe only 60% of the players needed to tell it properly (imho, considering the original content). I do think Infinity War was the better movie all around, but Endgame is just a notch or two-three under it. Did NOT feel like a three hour movie, and I will gladly pay to see it a couple of more times in the theaters.

My (minor) gripes about the movie...

- I didn't like how they essentially de-nutted the three heavy hitters the heroes had. Professor Hulk was just kind of there mostly, being the second string big brain. I did enjoy the scene with him and the Ancient One, and that scene where Thanos blew the Avengers compound to hell and Hulk was essentially holding the compound up to save Rocket and Rhoadie was a nod to the original Secret Wars when Molecule Man dropped and entire mountain on the heroes and Hulk was holding it up. Nice touch by the Russos there. Thor's story was good albeit cheesy (although he's really already had his redemption arc in Ragnarok), but I liked how he got to say goodbye to his mother and find out he was still worthy of Mjolnir. Captain Marvel was just sent out of 90% of the picture, but I can kind of understand. If those three weren't set up like they had been and were at full strength working together, they would have taken down a non-gauntlet wielding Thanos not easily, but eventually and rather quickly.

- I don't really care about the logic/nonsense of the time travel aspect. They spun a new angle of telling a story that has been beat to death in sci-fi over the years, so I enjoyed it.

Also, I love how they paid homage to the past MCU movies in some fashion. I think they touched on most of them, and I really enjoyed how they brought it all together. I loved the scene where Cap told Sitwell and the Strike Team "Hail Hydra" in the elevator (I thought they were setting up another elevator fight scene, lol). And I like how all the original actors showed up for their parts, even if it was only for a few seconds.

This movie was a huge, huge undertaking, and they hit it. Good for them, and good for Marvel.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.