Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 08:00 AM   #2354
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
What fun. Great bike.
What do you think they go for now on average? ...without looking it up?
The red KZ400 I used in the photo is a new photo I got off a for sale site. If IRC they were asking $1750 for that bike. The only thing I ever did in the year I owned it was, per the manual every 300 miles I would move the back wheel so the chain would be tight. I was always was afraid of a chain break or front tire blowout.

I never had any trouble, I did lay it down once at 55mph, and only the turn signal on the left side and the chrome muffler on that side were the only signs of damage, I rode it home that day. That was in the second week of owning the bike. My wife on her Kawasaki 250 had a car turn in front of her on her first day on the bike and she hit him in the side, she actually didn't get hurt. However, I worried about her and two weeks later we were on the highway going 55 and a car entered the left turn lane behind me and in front of her, so I turned my head left to see over my shoulder since she was out of sight of my mirror. When I turned my head back to the road, my front tire was going into the curb, it was a left turn so I was in a big lean at that moment. I didn't get hurt more than a bunch of scratches, the medium was dirt and I rolled over a few times, I had a helmet with a full face shield and the snaps were all sawed off flat. Driving that year in a retirement city like St. Petersburg, Florida you had to be on guard all the time.

Last edited by DeepPurple; 04-26-2019 at 08:12 AM..
DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli