Thread: Movies and TV Captain Marvel
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 08:58 PM   #799
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
Saw it for the second time last week. Thought it was even better the second time. I don't understand why people are giving her such a hard time. If she wasn't such an outspoken SJW then I doubt anyone would have said anything about her acting performance. I mean, she's playing a Kree soldier (not exactly a role designed for laughs and smiles) *and* she doesn't have a memory of who she is. What did people want her to do, tapdance "Hello My Baby" like the WB frog? (And, yes, it was about girl power... big ****ing deal. So was "Wonder Woman". So was the "Buffy" TV series. So was "Alien" and "Aliens". Women do make up half the population, they're entitled to a few moments of ass-kicking. Why this bothers guys I'll never know.)

And I don't see them using her as the final-act macguffin in "Endgame". That's just too simplistic. It might have something to do with Strange and the time stone, or the soul stone, or Ant-Man shrinking down to go steal stone(s), or an alternate universe, but I don't think they'd stoop to "Scene: Captain Marvel swoops in and kicks ass, end credits roll."
I was fairly harsh on her and believe me it wasn't for SJW shit. I really want the character to work because after 20 ****ing movies I have a vested interest in the franchise.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.