View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 08:41 AM   #742
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Nah he's right, had they intended to keep Cain then they would have walked on Gordon the year before.
No he's not - that's just wrong. Any attempt at talks with Cain never went far. The sticker shock based upon what his representatives sought in a contract length/value was always a non-starter for this front office. Especially when considering how they valued him based on age/position/skill-set was always a question. There is absolutely no connection to the idea they chose Gordon over Cain. Cain was never an option at that point. This is hind-sight unsubstantiated speculation.

Now...would I rather have had Cain last year and this year over Gordon? Sure?...although Gordon's 2019 is looking great so far. But yeah...I'd love to have Cain, but that doesn't mean I can make up facts to beat up on the Royals front office - just because. IF Cain was ever an important priority/option it would have been a choice between signing Cain vs. Hosmer. Now..under that scenario, he would have a point. The Royals would have made the wrong decision, had the Padres not saved us from ourselves.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.