View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #39
Veteran

I never thought I would be ok with drafting offense in the 1st round, but I've changed my mind. I would actually like to see us trade up to get in position to grab Hockenson.

-He's virtually guaranteed to be a high level (pro-bowl caliber) player by year 2-3.
-He's physically and mentally ready to play a fair amount year 1 (not always the case with some rookies).
-Hockenson is better in both the run game AND as a pass catching option than WR3 is most likely.
-You're going to have to get Kelce's replacement eventually (next 1-2 years).
-It would allow us to play a lot of 2 TE sets, but not give up explosive plays in the passing game.
-Defenses would still have to stay in Nickel/Dime to handle us even with 2 TE's, which would allow us to work some more run plays against smaller D sets (mismatch advantage: KC).
-Would be insurance for the Hill situation
kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.