Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: Episode IX
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 08:01 PM   #462
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That's the thing though - that particular saga ended in VIII.

This isn't gonna do anything more than that other than try to play up some fan servicy shit in the name of trying to ungrump some folks and hope to get them back on board for X and beyond.

My biggest problem with VIII was always that the story was missing a middle. VIII is never a movie I would've really liked for a myriad of reasons I've already explained, but it's a movie I'd have understood had it been IX.

I don't need to see 'how it ends' because the parts I care about already ended. The characters I gave a damn about are either dead or in the margins. Trying to retcon this thing into pretending that VIII didn't already effectively end the Skywalker Saga is just gonna make it the entire trilogy that mass of disorganized shit that SDH expects.

They're welcome to untie and retie loose ends as they see fit, but that does nothing but make this a rental. I'll watch it at some point, but like I said - I see no need to brave the crowds for this and can't see any way a trailer of any caliber will change my mind.
Yup. Everything you said here is true.

Glad to see SDH came around instead of pretending TLJ was some glorious achievement, but I'm going to remind him he really liked it when he saw it. He was NOT happy about my criticism. Particularly for the whole "****ing up Luke Skywalker irreparably" criticisms I levied.

Which I stand by. It was a terrible send off for one of the most iconic characters in film history. Disgraceful even.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote