View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #1488
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinny Bossa Nova View Post
About how many dollars' worth of pellets does it take to smoke a whole brisket? I have never used a pellet smoker. Got nothing against 'em.

I"m a confirmed Weber man. Worn out many a grill of theirs.

The first smoker I ever bought was a cheapie end-of-season Home Depot special. Ruined a pasture full of brisket being unable to control the fire.

Bought the 22" WSM. Did the gaskets and steel door/latch mods. And a Maverick wireless thermometer.

I swear. It's like rolling a Yahtzee every time all the time.

No desire to enter competitions, but I got a personal blue ribbon from Bob Dole. He said it was the best brisket he ever had.

No fair harshing my mellow by telling me he says that to all the girls.

If they come out with a smoker that will tell me EXACTLY how long the stall will be of the brisket once I place it on the cooking grate, I will have found the replacement of my WSM.

But the parting, I can assure you, will be extremely emotional. I can't stand to see a grown Dinny cry.

Dinny
I buy 40 lbs. For about $35. At smoke temps, I think it runs around 1/2 lb. pellets/hour.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.