View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 05:20 PM   #1445
MVP

Cherry wood is my fav, pellets too, with chicken, turkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
If you buy a basic turkey at the store, skip the brine process IMO. A lot of turkeys now have already had it done.

If you pick up an organic turkey, do your favorite brine. When I brine I do 12 hour soak, pat down and leave it in the fridge for awhile to rest.

I super reccomend spatchcocking it first. From there I just apply some squeezable butter and you can apply whatever poultry rub you like the most.

For pellet flavor, I typically use pecan. I use pecan on a lot of things, but apple is good too. I don't reccomend hickory while some recipes will call for it.

I smoke at 275 with a pan underneath to catch the drippings until about 170, rest 30 mins than carve.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.