View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 09:27 AM   #188
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Royals View Post
Sort of related to tanking - naturally or unnaturally,

Do you think there are any players, other than Mondesi, that are completely untouchable?

I kinda wonder if they'd be willing to trade a Keller, Merrifield, Soler, Junis, etc. if they got blown away with an offer.

I would say Keller and Juno’s are untouchable as goin, controlled SPs with 4+ years of control.

Merrifield, Soler, etc. would be available, For the right price. Both have plenty of cheap control left, so you wouldn’t move them for just any deal.

Soler would also likely need an AL suitor, as his defense isn’t good enough to fly for most in RF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Can we please drop the concept of “flipping” vets at the deadline?

It’s not real. It doesn’t happen. They have literally zero value.

We could if it didn’t actually happen anymore. Teams don’t surrender the value they once did, but trades still happen.

Here’s a recap from last year:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...0ftoio3a<br />

You can get some international bonus dollars (might be helpful this year considering they’re expected to splash 3-4 million on Erick Pena). Or lottery ticket arms.

Sometimes you hit the jackpot. Most times, you don’t.

Fernando Tatis was acquired for James Shields, then proceeded to blow up into an elite prospect.

But when you’re bad, it makes sense to roll the dice and see if you get lucky.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.