View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 02:03 PM   #2617
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
KU in the mix on landing a few guys:

5* (PF) Matthew Hurt, 6'9, 200lbs, Rivals rank#7 overall
Schools in mix: KU(high), Duke(med), UNC, UK

-From his mixtape, he looks like a clumsy uncoordinated duck footed white boy dominating vs kids half his size. Doesn't look too athletic, I'll just be completely honest. Probably not gonna be able to get by w/ his height alone playing at KU. The dude can shoot his ass off from downtown though and would be the perfect trailer in a high low offense hitting 3's at the top of the key. Think Perry Ellis w/ less "finesse" to his game.

5* (PF) Precious Achiuwa, 6'9, 215lbs, Rivals rank#16 overall
Schools in the mix: Miss St, KU, UNC (all medium)

-Unlike Hurt, this guy's game is a lot more fluid, probably because he's black. But the guy plays like a big wing more than he does a paint guy, and can shoot from downtown, highly athletic. Think Julian Wright, but w/ a much better shot. He's a high flyer.

4* (SG) Cassius Stanley, 6'5, 185lbs, Rivals rank#33 overall
Schools in the mix: UCLA, KU (both high)

-I've seen Stanley ranked as a 5*, and higher on other lists, but per Rivals his ranking has seemed to dropped, not sure why. It will be hard to pry him away from UCLA, since he's from CA and they currently seem to be #1 on his list. This dude is incredibly athletic, high flyer, good ball handling skills and outside shot. Think Ben McLemore..dude will put on a show if he ever gets into the open court on a fast break.

KU needs ball handlers at the point, outside of Dotson. I mean really, there's a lot of this KU team that's lacking, but ball handling guards is one of those areas, so is big men, and 3pt shooting. Bill Self really didn't have a lot of to work with this yr and made best w/ what he had given the circumstances. Best big man gets hurt, 2nd best big man becomes ineligible, only thing you have left is a tweener guy who can score, but plays awfully soft and was forced to play big when he plays anything but that. KU didn't have any athleticsm at the guard spot, no help for Dotson. He's not good/experienced (yet) enough to take on a leadership role. And this team for the life of them just could not shoot from downtown...probably the worst shooting KU team I've seen in a long time.
Garret is athletic and a good ball handler. Grimes is athletic but he doesn't have the greatest handles. I see it as he played like a freshman. My only hope is that he will no longer be a freshman. I actually believe that he will improve a lot. He can hit the 3 but his problem was that he was very inconsistent. Garret's 3 point shot is really bad. He should have improved on that this year but didn't. He even looked afraid to take that shot many times.

I really hope that the coaches have those guys zero in on improving their 3 point shot in the offseason. That would help the team tremendously.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.