View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 06:46 AM   #63
World's finest morphius

My family name is very well documented. We got here in 1638, from England, and the first was a constable and tavern owner (must have been an interesting career path). My direct ancestor Nathan fought against the English in the revolutionary war. My relatives moved out of the Mayflower family area into Pennsylvanian, through Iowa and into MN as farmers. The first into MN also fought for the North during the civil war. My family stayed on that farm until my Fathers generation. Funniest piece was I looked up the manifest to the ship and saw the name of my team lead, at the time, and saw that name on there. When I talked to her she knew all about it as well. Basically found myself sitting next to someone in KC whose family came over on the same ship nearly 400 years before. Kind of a "small world" feeling.

My Mothers Mom was 100% Norwegian with both her parents migrating from Norway. We have info on the ancestors there, but it is a bit messy as Nordics don't really follow standard last naming convention. Her Fathers line escaped from Scotland to Ireland, than later moved to the Canada and migrated into the US from there.

I have info on my other Grandmothers line, but I don't remember anything of note, other than it should also be Irish as well.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.