View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 07:42 AM   #238
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAChief View Post
Matt Holliday was who I was thinking, minus the frying pan hands on defense.

He should produce regular season numbers.
Even Carp over there wasn't bad, below average. But, acceptable when he returned to his old offensive self after the early season slump. I'm sure we will now have a +DRS at 1B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Polo View Post
I actually loved the Goldy trade and extension. One thing that cannot be stated enough but hard to put into metrics is leadership. He will provide that and build a better culture. Gone are the days of Heyward and Matheny.
Players need to know where they stand. Not be lied to by the manager. If I'm a player, even if you were not friends with Fowler, you have to think when am I next? You see "his guys" playing over obviously more talented players, that has to be demotivating. I think thats worth 2 wins, at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Polo View Post
I really wish we would've signed Harper to that exact contract and there are years to prove me wrong. That could've been a huge statement to our division for years to come.
Agreed. Was very disappointed they didn't make Harper say no.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.