View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 12:18 PM   #102
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I firmly disagree that there aren't CB1 types in this draft and there are certainly some safeties that are very, very good. Just because a group is "weak" doesn't mean there won't be guys out there for the taking that fit the mold.

I don't know what the expectation is as far as a #1 CB type goes, but I certainly see those traits out of several CBs in this draft, such as Greedy Williams, Byron Murphy, Amani Oruwaryie, and Trayvon Mullen. You could also argue Rock Ya-Sin, Justin Layne, Isaiah Johnson, Sean Bunting, Kris Boyd, and Michael Jackson as guys that look to have that outside ability and the traits. That said, I do see the CB class as weak overall without a clear star in the bunch.

As for safety, I couldn't disagree more with the author. This is a very strong group. He's right, there isn't a Derwin James amongst them. There are the rest of what he goes on to name though, in spades. For example, Thornhill was an already good corner that was absolutely lights out in his move to safety and is probably going round 1. He's one of the better playmakers at the position I've seen come out in a while. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on that kid in 1, over and above Bradbury. He's a better prospect, IMO, than Malik Hooker was. I'd put Abram firmly on par with Adams. There are about 8 safeties that have a legitimate chance to go between about pick 20 and the bottom of the 2nd and I wouldn't doubt 10 total will be taken by the end of day 2. That's a strong class for safeties. That list includes Abram, Adderley, Thornhill, Gardner-Johnson, Thompson, Rapp, Savage, Harris, Hooker, and Johnson.
I think the writer had it right. The only reason we're talking about any of these guys at safety or corner going in the first round because this draft is kind of trash at the top.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.