View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 08:51 AM   #41
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
That's me. I'm in the Edwards family tree that traces back to the first illegitimate son of King Henry VIII.

I also found my Mom's half sister and her family in Seattle. I reached out, but no response. Their loss.

My paternal line is almost all Swedish/Viking, so that's been fun to play around with. I mostly started this because I really had no idea how my family (both sides) ended up in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Lots of incorrect information along the way, but I also found a ton of information that hadn't been captured previously. I'm the only one in my family that even gives a shit about their heritage, but the information is there in case someone wants it.
My great grandfather came here from Sweden and married a woman who also immigrated from Sweden so we know that I am at least 25% Swedish. My dad did the Ancestry DNA test and came back ~20% Swedish. So yeah, these tests are not very accurate in that manner.

However, my brother has really run with the information that we already had and has found that all of the old census records in Sweden have been digitized! He has extended our knowledge on that end by several generations as a result. He also wound up finding a relative on my mom's side who was illegitimate and never knew his birth heritage. No one in the family even knew it happened (great aunt got pregnant during WWII while hubby was gone. Oops!). So this 70+ year old man is just now learning about his lineage. Pretty cool although a few people in the family are not happy about this turn of events.
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.