View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 04:21 PM   #36
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I think you're a little stuck on the idea that one DE spot is drastically different from the other in Spags' 4-3. It's not really.

just like everyone touting these less than 250 lb. 'edge' guys. That's not gonna work.

the idea is, I believe, beef up front, with some pass rush ability that will be further schemed into stunts, crosses, and blitzing for pressure.

An Omenihu type at RDE is great in this scheme. Doesn't matter if Speaks is similar, or Okafor, or if Kpass is physically similar. They're going to move them around, they're going to rotate them in and out. It's not about 'speed rush' it's about Stopping the run first and then generating pressure with solid rushers and scheme.
If that's the case, then they're much less redundant. I guess it all depends on how he runs his scheme because in a lot of 4-3 under looks, you're not going to have mirror images at LDE and RDE.

That being said, letting Ford go makes a lot of sense if they want Speaks/Okafor/Omenihu guys at BOTH DE spots, so you're probably 100% correct in what you've said.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote