Thread: Movies and TV Captain Marvel
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 04:38 AM   #655
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Perspective, Scotty. Don't get caught up in the wash of all the political bullshit surrounding this film (and pretty much everything else these days, really). Take it and the other films coming out for what they are and proceed accordingly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
I'm honestly just pretty tired of comic movies at this point, though I did enjoy Glass just because of how M Night approaches things quite differently

As for the gals, my views were formed long before the #metoo stuff, going back to movies like Salt where this skinny woman is just beating the dogshit out of big male mercs etc... I am simply unable to suspend my disbelief

Was watching Joe Rogans show the other day and he was saying the same thing
I volunteered to have the first girl on my little league baseball team that the league allowed to play with the boys. She was a good pitcher and tough as nails. She had a passion and intestinal fortitude that I wished my other players had. So at least for that part of the movie, I saw an example in real life. The other parts telling her she cant do this or that were totally believable back in that era.

As far as suspending belief.........its a ****ing superhero movie. Suspending belief, laws of physics etc. is essential to just being entertained for a couple of hours.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.