Thread: Chiefs Eric Berry Released!
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 06:09 AM   #286
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good View Post
Its like a bulging disc. Some people can have them and learn through therapy, strengthening and lifestyle changes to mitigate the pain. Others cant. Then some people will have had them and never been bothered by it.
There was a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine a number of years ago where they had offered free back MRI's to a number of people at a ski lodge. Stipulation was that these people were not experiencing any pain whatsoever.

Over 60% of these people had structural anomalies in their backs. Herniated and Bulging Discs, Bone Fragments pushing on Nerve Roots etc. None of these people were experiencing any pain. ZERO. The conclusion was that structural abnormalities are not necessarily pain inducing.

This study more or less confirmed the work of a Medical Doctor by the name of John Sarno, who was the director of Rehabilitative Medicine at NYU University Hospital. Sarno concluded that the cause of most chronic pain issues, whether they be back, neck, shoulder whatever, are not structural but psychological.

I was diagnosed with a massive Herniated Disc last year along with a bone "fragment" pushing on my S1 Nerve root. The pain management doctors were surprised that I could even walk. After three Epidural Steroid injections that were marginally successful, I was recommended for surgery. Before my scheduled surgery date, I researched Dr Sarno on my own and read his book along with the many forums online dedicated to his research. I put into practice Sarno's ideas for becoming pain free.

Day of the procedure I felt great with no pain. I was literally in the hospital bed with IV attached. Surgeon walked in and I told him I was feeling fine. He reviewed the MRI again and refused to operate. He basically said that while I have a significant herniated disc, he wasn't 100% confident that the procedure would be successful long term. So I walked out of the hospital.

Fast forward to today, while I have some minor issues, with the help of Sarno's research, I am relatively pain free. I urge anybody with chronic pain issues to look into his research, as I feel it basically saved my life. Great video on Youtube where 20/20 did a segment on Dr. Sarno. Check it out. His book is called Healing Back Pain, the Mind Body Connection. The main forum dedicated to his research is called the TMS wiki.

This shit's for real.

Back to Berry, he was medically cleared to play...but he didn't. That's enough evidence for me regarding his release.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote