Thread: Movies and TV Captain Marvel
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 11:07 AM   #624
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
Not sure why people have a problem with “Captain Marvel”. I thought it was very good and I put it in my top tier of Marvel movies along with “Black Panther”, “The Avengers”, “Iron Man”, “Deadpool”, “Guardians of the Galaxy”, and the three “Captain America” films (and a notch above “Doctor Strange” and “Ant-Man”). The music fit the period. The story, while complicated in parts and draggy in parts, told the story it wanted to tell (and honestly I don't know what I would've done to make it any better). Brie Larsen was very good, actually probably better than almost all Marvel actors aside from RDJ (who was simply born to play Tony Stark); I didn't find her wooden at all, and she had strength and humor. The girl-power stuff was in there, but it wasn't overdone or overbearing (no more so than any other female-powered piece of media, be it “Wonder Woman” or “Aliens” or the “Buffy” TV series). To quote the great poet Madonna (“Human Nature”), I can't help but chalk up a lot of the hate of this film to “would it sound better if I were a man”, because if Brie Larsen was Bob Larsen I don't think anyone would be complaining.
I thought it was good as well but no, it doesn't hit that top echelon of movies for me at all. It was a solid movie, good introduction to the character that is gonna "save the Universe", etc. I don't feel an immediate need to go watch it again.
Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.