Thread: Movies and TV Captain Marvel
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #606
Cheaterlover*

Not sure why people have a problem with “Captain Marvel”. I thought it was very good and I put it in my top tier of Marvel movies along with “Black Panther”, “The Avengers”, “Iron Man”, “Deadpool”, “Guardians of the Galaxy”, and the three “Captain America” films (and a notch above “Doctor Strange” and “Ant-Man”). The music fit the period. The story, while complicated in parts and draggy in parts, told the story it wanted to tell (and honestly I don't know what I would've done to make it any better). Brie Larsen was very good, actually probably better than almost all Marvel actors aside from RDJ (who was simply born to play Tony Stark); I didn't find her wooden at all, and she had strength and humor. The girl-power stuff was in there, but it wasn't overdone or overbearing (no more so than any other female-powered piece of media, be it “Wonder Woman” or “Aliens” or the “Buffy” TV series). To quote the great poet Madonna (“Human Nature”), I can't help but chalk up a lot of the hate of this film to “would it sound better if I were a man”, because if Brie Larsen was Bob Larsen I don't think anyone would be complaining.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.