View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #829
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
No.

Yards yer play averages will be degraded based on the amount of work they received in real life.

That's what happened with Sproles. He averaged 6.9 YPC in 2011 and he was absolutely destroying Sandbox in the first month. So cdcox tweaked the software a bit to account for players who didn't have that many touches relative to their YPC/YPR/YPA etc.
Sorry, I shouldn't have said workhorse. For the handful of games Williams started for KC, he was putting up elite production. If I were to take him and just give him around the same amount of touches he received, on average, in the games he started, could I expect to see an extrapolation of his superstar numbers over the course of an entire season?

I'm assuming that's a no since he's still on the board and a lot of you have experience with the sim already, but I want to make sure I have as much info as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, I remember Sproles just destroying creation.

It does appear to be some combination of rate and volume. Though I think CD probably does have some way of accounting for guys who shouldn't pro-rate up when used more (Sproles being an obvious example; Gio Bernard worked that way for me) vs. someone who COULD if given more opportunity. I would imagine it's based on part on how they were actually used but I don't suspect we'll get that answer from CD.

The fog of war is part of the fun...
I was curious about it for a guy like Alvin Kamara as well. It appears he could easily be the bell cow, and he was while Ingram was out, but since he splits so much time with other Ingram and Hill, I wonder how the sim would respond to him staying on the field and taking on a greater workload for the entire season..
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.