Thread: Movies and TV Captain Marvel
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #9
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
And that's where you're dead wrong. Marketing matters.

Marketing sells everything from toilet paper to movies. Bad marketing costs millions.

Would you say "it doesn't matter" if Chris Evans was asked about diversity in Cap movies and he said "I don't care what some black guy thinks. The film wasn't made for him."

That's the kind of shit the star of this movie says. Only change black to white.

This type of politics is taking a story about characters who already are diverse, different, hell even aliens who don't care and work together for the common good and changing that to a theme of not only is sex important but it's the emphasis.

And it doesn't matter if that's in the movie or not - THAT'S HOW YOU ARE MARKETING THE FILM.

The comments weren't removed for trolls - there was no trolling. There were almost no offensive or insulting comments on there. There are vids you can pull up where people took screen shots before the commenting was closed. It was overwhelmingly negative feedback based on the marketing of the film.

This was a movie that had a 90+% of people wanting to see it and that dropped into the 20's in three weeks of the star running her mouth. That is interest in your product tanking because of your marketing.
Na. Still don't care. Still think you are crazy for caring. Michael Jackson was a creep, but I'm gonna stop listening to his music. Kevin Spacey is a creep, but the Usual Suspects is still one of my favorite movies. Gary Glitter is a creep, but I still wish the Chiefs hadn't changed the TD song.

I'll never understand why people seem to enjoy being pissed off all the time. Smoke some weed or something, calm down, and enjoy art for what is is.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-28-2019 at 02:26 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.