Thread: Chiefs 2019 Free agency Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 08:20 AM   #826
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Chris Jones is probably the centerpiece of the defense. Ford is an elite player that plays a premium position though. I don't get why tagging him for a year is a problem. If he gets injured, that's sucks but for 2 years now, he's been elite when he plays. I fully understand and actually agree that a LTD probably shouldn't be part of the plan, but I don't agree with letting one of the best pass rushers in the league go when we can franchise him.

But I have to give you props for actually having this same position during the season. A lot of the anti-Ford people only became that way after the playoff game.
He spent 10 games in 2017 on injured reserve. He did have 10 sacks in 2016 but they were all before week 9 - he physically slowed down and finished the season much the way his first two seasons ended - with him being physically overwhelmed by the opposition.

And for the record, I'm not suggesting letting Ford walk. I would tag him and trade him for whatever I could get. I just can't wrap my head around using up that much of the cap on a guy that hasn't ever put together back-to-back seasons when the secondary needs SO much help. Especially considering he had 13 sacks last season and it wasn't enough.

Do people honestly think he's going to be better in 2019? He's really not playing for a contract anymore, he's going to be gone. They're not going to sign him to a long-term deal at age 29 with his injury history. They're basically renting him for 2019 and if he gets hurt, they're freaking screwed.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote