Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: Episode IX
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #325
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
It was a bold move that will pay off in the long run because now they have so many more directions to take the story.

Now they can truly tell an original story.
Conspiracy time.

I vastly, vastly prefer the original script for TLJ. There was no Rose. Poe went off with Finn (meaning that their bromance could continue to develop and no pink haired or Rose plot) and the deleted scenes with Luke and Rey would have never been deleted. So, did someone interfere high up at Disney to make add unnecessary "female empowerment" characters (rather than, I don't know, adding more for Leia and having Leia be the one who sacrifices herself for the rebels). It's just odd. Rian still clearly has a lot of sway at Disney, and it makes me wonder what went on behind the scenes between the first draft of the script to what ended up playing at the theaters.

With that said, I still prefer TLJ to TFA because TFA did nothing but set up the same exact trilogy that we saw with the originals.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 02-17-2019 at 06:23 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.