Thread: Chiefs 2019 Free agency Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #240
MVP

It all comes down to this really-

IF we're keeping the big 3 (Berry, Houston, Ford) then we're rolling with the same guys as the #31 Red Carpet Defense next year albeit with another defense heavy draft class added. There will be no big changes made, no free agent signings of anyone you've ever heard of. IF we do that, then we'll find out exactly how much of the problem was coaching and scheme, so I guess there's that.

It may very well be that we are unable to cut Berry due to injury and get any cap relief. It seems very unlikely that we get anything resembling Pro Bowl play from him ever again.

Houston and Ford are DE's in this 4-3 under alignment. Together, they'll cost something like $37 million dollars in 2019. (roughly 20% of the entire cap.)

I think this untenable. I don't see how you can bring them all back and improve your defensive personnel at the same time.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.