View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 07:21 AM   #117
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
i guess im just stupid because i dont understand the end of the half. The refs acted like the clock was running on the whistle, the clock did run on the whistle, we spiked it and was called for intentional grounding
The refs wound the PLAY clock, but not the GAME clock.

The only reason a QB can legally spike the ball is to stop the game clock. Since the game clock wasn't running AT THE SNAP, per rules Mahomes must throat a receiver or get outside the pocket and throw toward the LOS.

It was about the only call the officials got correct, down to the 10 second runoff.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318636

The most appalling thing for me is that Reid, who has served on both the Rules committee and the Competition committee at various points, didn't know the rule.

I'll bet PMII remembers, though.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.