View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 12:05 PM   #408
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M
Where did I say that it didn't make me PC? Must've missed that.

Actually, considering that it was only 40 years ago that stuff like that was happening, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people still around that remember that. Maybe not on this BBs considering that a vast majority on here are white men, but there are still plenty of people left who can remember it.

Then I guess you should've had thicker skin, right? I mean, it shouldn't matter what someone calls you--you should just ignore it.

You're kidding me, right? How many TV shows on national networks feature whites as the main or only characters (i.e. Friends)? Most. How many coaches in the NFL and MLB (the two biggest sports), are white? A HUGE majority. How many CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are white? Almost all of them.

I agree that affirmative action (job quotas, school quotas, etc.) are ridiculous and should be done away with. But a white guy trying to play the victim is way off IMHO.

I do wonder, why all of the white backlash lately? Seriously ... in the last 40 years minorities have made great strides, and now that they're finally getting some power, the white male is suddenly the victim? Why is that? Do some of you feel threatened? Is it that now that the tables are turned you see the problems with racism and exclusion and don't like it? Is it that now that you're the target of jokes and being treated differently that it's not okay anymore? Or is it simply the double standard?

Seriously ... I'm curious to know why all of the back lash.

MM
~~
I still bet not one person on this BB has been subject to that.

As far as me having thicker skin goes I do, remember.

As far as TV goes give me a break. Nobody is more PC than TV. They are the ones that feel it's OK to promote the gay agenda and crack white jokes. If I was from outter space and watched TV I would think that 25% of the males on this planet are gay for gods sake. As far as coaches go or Fotune 500 companie everyone is going to pick the person they feel is best qualified. I don't hear you bitchen about needing more white running backs. The most qualified people should always get the job. On that same note my last employer gave me a promotion to regional director and had to take it back from me because there was a women that was threatening to sue them if she wasn't promoted before me because she hired me. He told me they knew I had outperformed her BIG TIME since being in the company but they had no women that high up in the company and fighting a lawsuit from her could prove costly. I told him not to worry about and do what he had to. I didn't cry about it and play the victim, it's just the way it was. If I wanted to change things I should work for myself. That's exactly what I do now.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.