Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #219
Supporter

This past weekend was honey extraction time. My sister tagged along to practice her photo hobby and took a sting so she's legit now. My brother in law wanted to try and tagged along in a light rain to pull honey supers off of hives....and in standard welcoming form, when it was time to leave and he was taking the hood off, he got his face beat up.

Other than that, it was pretty smooth. Production for the team was about half of last year due to dead hives. If everyone had the year we did, honey prices should go up.

I'll attach a few pics for those that want to see them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	honey extraction-21.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	116858   Click image for larger version

Name:	honey extraction-11.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	116859   Click image for larger version

Name:	honey extraction-18.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	116860   Click image for larger version

Name:	honey extraction-29.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	116861  
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote