View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #4401
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I hate carburetors in general, but my dad ****ing HATES Holleys. Like hates them with the fire of a thousand suns. I'm pretty sure I could call him right now and only say the words "Holley carburetor" and I'd get profanity.

He said the only reason guys think Holley's are easy to work on is because they have plenty of experience.

He had one on a tandem truck in the 80s. I think he rebuilt it 3 times in one harvest and said **** it. Quadrajunk is still on there. He will not own one.
Quadrajets are interesting. They are the closest thing you can get to fuel injection in a carb with their seemingly endless tunability and stepped metering rods but they are also infinitely more complicated than a Holley Carb.

Carbs are confusing as hell as it is, at least on a high HP motor, I think a Holley is simpler than most. Probably why they are so popular.

Also why I went with fuel injection on my car.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.