Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 10:20 AM   #1639
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Unless the writers of the show have started taking shortcuts in fear of not being around for 2-3 more years, that's just WAY to quick a switch.

I think he's turtling up a bit and we'll see it create a slow gnaw at him. To just have a 'eureka!' moment where he becomes Saul simply doesn't fit what Gilligan does, especially not on this show.

We'll see him struggling his ass off over this in the coming episodes, IMO. It's gonna eat away at him. Because if he's just decided "screw it, being good doesn't keep you alive and feeling bad just looks miserable - I'm gonna be Saul now..." then where else does this show have to go?

Nah - there's still more story to be told.
I think an event this big is unprecedented for the show and is pushing Jimmy into corners and rationalizations we haven't seen yet. I don't think he's Saul, but we started seeing glimpses of it in S3 and I think this is the first move where we saw him attempt to shift his moral responsibility and guilt onto another person (and by the time we meet Saul in BB, this was his standard operating procedure).

I don't think he's all the way there yet, but I do think this event has locked him into this path and removed the exit ramps (as said above).
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.