Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 08:39 AM   #22613
Abolish The Salary Cap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good View Post
Darnold just looks awkward to me. Not just in delivery but his overall play. He moves erratically - and plays that way.
His throwing motion is awkward, but I feel he plays pretty composed. He's not skiddish in the pocket or anything. He's generally pretty accurate and doesn't have balls sail on him as often as some other guys.
Quote:
Allen is smooth, but doesnt have great pocket presence. Obviously has a cannon and looks the part, but he hasnt been super accurate or productive before. Not only that, but he doesnt have great field awareness. Is he all of a sudden going to find accuracy and game sense in the nfl? Questionable.
Allen is scary. I'd still take him though if the other 3 QB's were gone.

Quote:
Then Mayfield is short, cocky, and doesn't do anything particularly good. He had a lot of clean pockets and time to throw at OU. He also played basically only out of the gun. Accurate when he has time, but can he do it under pressure and in tighter windows consistently? Also how is he going to handle adversity- growing pains in the nfl? Will he handle criticism? I dont know, seems like too much of a hot head to me.
I think Mayfield takes football more seriously than the others. He's worked for everything he's gotten and he doesn't get enough credit for his arm strength and accuracy.

The only concern I have with Mayfield is that he was always so well protected and he's not going to get that in Denver. At least not early on.

Last edited by Quesadilla Joe; 03-08-2018 at 01:19 PM..
Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.