Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 11:47 AM   #22484
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
It is kind of funny to me that so many of you have annointed PM as the next greatest QB of all time, but you so quickly dismiss the idea that Cousins is a solid QB and worth the $.
I used to go back and forth (business) between KC and Denver. Their guys and myself used to have good "conversations" about the Broncos/Chiefs and AFC West. I remember saying to those guys - just wait till Manning is gone - you guys will be in the shitter for the next 5 years (at least).

They would laugh and tell me "We have the best "D" in the NFL". My reply was "...And?"

Manning was an outstanding QB - I hated his damned guts, but a first ballot HOFer at the very least. Now? You guys are struggling. Cousins is nothing special. Washington released the "Status Quo" and traded for the "Status Quo" in Smith. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know - and further, how insane the QB market is - then I don't know.

But, Elway is desperate. He knows that if he blows this draft - he is most likely finished as GM. Right now, he still walks on water, but the end is near. So throwing money at Cousins (and the ensuing Status Quo) will most assuredly be the end of him.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.