View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 11:42 AM   #635
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He needed to put it 55 yards in the air over the middle off his back foot.

He connects on that throw one time in 10. Wanna try it on 3rd and 17 from the 50? Sure, you do you, boo. But that decision on 1st down when you're a simple swing pass away from a game-winning FG was a bad one. Situational football is huge and that was a really REALLY bad demonstration of situational football.

For perspective, the throw he made to Robinson was about 25 yards in the air off his back foot. He needed to more than double that throw (which was incredible) and do it over the middle of the field.

It was a silly decision.
This is what I said last night. 1st down with plenty of time and you only need 5-10 yards to get in FG range..

Mahomes said he played outfielder and some short stop in his baseball days. He sure as hell looks like a short stop playing QB. He’s got to have a ton of experience fielding ground balls close to 3rd base where he picks up the ball and just turns his body to fire a heater to 1st base.

That was one of my only real negatives that I saw from him. Set your feet on those and your accuracy/strength will improve 10 fold.

Russell Wilson is a very good comp since he played baseball as well. Wilson entered the league with much better mechanics than Pat, but I foresee Pat getting better with every game.

None of his throws are what impressed me the most. I was floored by his mental ability. Pat was killing multiple plays, audibling, reading blitzes immediately and took advantage of nearly every blitz Denver threw at him.

That was Pat’s first time doing this in the NFL. Amazing how far he’s come.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.