Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 08:19 AM   #2268
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
Ducs are great bikes.
Be sure to check Maintenance intervals (valve check etc) though. That can get expensive.
I know on my Triumph the intervals are 12K, 24K and 36K. I did the first two by myself and have decided to skip the 36K because valve check was fine on the other two.
absolutely.
It's really amazing how improved the maintenance intervals have become since, say, the late 90s / early 00's on the 748's and 996's.

I think in the early 00's, the interval was like 5k miles, then it jumped to 7500 (which people rejoiced about lol), then around 2006-ish I think went to 12k. Now, I think the Multistrada 950 interval is like 18k. which is amazing to me (in a good way) considering where Ducati was just 17 years ago.

I plan on doing the check / adjustment myself if I get one. I prefer the 2v engines just for ease of use/check/adjustment, but I 'think' Ducati may have completely gone away from the 2v motors now and are using variable timed 4v motors. Maybe the scrambler/796 & 821 motors still use 2v....not sure. And, I really like the electronics on the newer bikes so I think my 2v plan is out the window now lol.

Last edited by Dayze; 11-02-2017 at 09:59 AM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.