View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 04:07 PM   #767
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Great link, Thank you!
You would think that someone who has a certificate (management level) in food safety should know this stuff but thats not what they teach...

Thanks for the enlightenment.
If you've never played with sous vide, entry is pretty inexpensive these days. You can get a decent circulator for $100 and a quite nice Joule for $150.

Everyone talks about steak, but it really shines, IMO, with chicken, pork, and fish. Chicken at 140-145, medium rare pork, and perfectly cooked fish are where it's at.

And things you wouldn't think of - custards that are finicky, creme brulee is super easy, and even dulce de leche just by pouring a can of condensed milk into a ball jar and letting it sit.

You might enjoy this thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/showthread.php?t=243228
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.