View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #9253
MVP

That looks quite tasty. Tri-tip is something I need to check out at Sams as my grocery stores (Kroger, Marsh, and Wally's) don't carry it. When I have cooked it, I smoked and then seared it.

Interesting that you say 1 piece of oak. Are you trying to give it a hint of oak funkyness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
Ok Kids, it's tri tip roast and garden harvest meal time:

Take your tri tip roast. Rub with olive oil. Drip on several drops of a good jerk seasoning sauce, and rub in with the olive oil. Sprinkle on garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Let it come to room temp, then throw it over hot coals with one small piece of oak. Use a thermometer to bring it to 130 degrees in the thickest part. Pull it and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Slice against the grain in 1/4 inch slices. You will have everything from medium rare to medium well on the thin end.

Served with baked acorn squash from my garden with butter/brown sugar, sliced maters and orange sweet peppers lightly salted, also from my garden. Had to buy the broccoli and steamed it. It was a superb Labor Day meal.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.