View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 09:39 AM   #6851
SuperBowl or bust

These were from early may
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
If we're talking upside, I'd go like this...

Mahomes ... Rodgers
Hunt .... Emmitt
Hill .... Antonio Brown
Kelce ... Gonzales
Peters ...Deion
Jones ... Bruce Smith
Houston ... Kevin Greene
Mitchell ... Hasty
Logan ... Saleamua
Berry ... Reed/Dawkins
Quote:
You do understand the concept of "strictly talking upside" right?

Peters doesn't have Sanders straight line speed, but teams avoid that whole side of the field the exact same way QBs did against Sanders.

You wouldn't know that because you weren't alive when Sanders was a player in his prime.

Bruce Smith was a 3-4 end that abused OL the same way Jones does and we are about to see Jones go into his second and third years in the NFL where most great DL make a huge jump. I'm excited to see Jones with more muscle and after putting in serious work on his technique. What we saw as a rookie was based on pure talent.

Go watch Emmitt Smith run the ball and then watch Hunts videos...I know it sounds far fetched, but thy are extremely similar runners. Hunt won't get the workload Emmitt did because the game has changed, but the vision, balance, power and patience are all there.

Again, I had the pleasure of watching his whole career and his running style is very similar to the way Hunt runs.
Quote:
What made Emmitt great was

Vision
Change of direction ability
Balance
Heart
Making guys miss
Powering through arm tackles
Good receiver out of the backfield
That jump cut though...
(His OL)

Again, go watch Hunts videos and you will see every single one of those traits displayed at a high level.

Now, I'm clearly not saying Hunt is going to be Emmitt Smith, just that their styles are similar and that if Hunt reaches his potential he will be compared to a poor mans Emmitt Smith.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.