View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 07:36 PM   #6088
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Go back and read the archives. I've always been high on him. But I thought he would go too high for us to make the effort to get him. I didn't think it would be 'too expensive' to get him in the teens, but I didn't think the franchise would pull the trigger.

After making that assessment, I resigned us to missing out on him and switched my analysis to Watson. I thought he was feasible, but found it ironic, because I thought and still think he's going to be very Alex-like. That's good enough for me, if he's surrounded by a decent team. And I repeatedly said, IF the Chiefs selected Watson it would be the ultimate stamp of Reid and Dorsey's seal of approval on Alex's style of play.

I gave Trubisky no thought. I didn't expect to go so high and thought he was a bad choice even if we traded back a little. Don't expect much of him, less now that he's with the dysnfunctional Bears under Fox.

The franchise pulling the trigger on the trade WAS a surprise. But find me a person outside the inner circle of the Chiefs for whom it wasn't.

I wholeheartedly applauded the value of the pick, the decisiveness of the decision, the edging out of competing franchises, just about EVERYTHING about the pick itself. If I had ANY prior notice that such a maneuver was feasible, I would have been completely on board. But neither I nor anyone foresaw it.

But I look at Mahomes as a solid, perhaps spectacular, investment for the NEXT 15 years, not tomorrow, or next week.

Shortly after the draft, when everyone was in 'we gotta QB!!!' delirium, I switched my focus on maintaining a quality franchise for him to play with. His time will come. I'm in no hurry. I'm more concerned with a longterm level of competitiveness than a preseason, or wasted regular season, boner.

Many itching for Mahomes on the field feel that anything else is a total waste of time. I don't.
And you're overblowing this "LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HATE ALEX AND WANT MAHOMES STARTING IN YEAR ONE!!!" Massively. I don't want Mahomes starting in 2017. RunKC doesn't, and he was higher on Mahomes than I was pre-draft. Not even your boy Sweet Daddy Hate wants Mahomes to start in 2017.

Reerun? Coogs? You're gonna let THOSE guys be the spokesmen for the drafturbators? Because that's about it. Just TALKING about the possibility of Mahomes starting doesn't mean people actually want it, for crying out loud.

Also, one more thing...

Quote:
It seems like they're just happy to draft a replacement for the worst QB in the history of organized sports.

I'm happy they drafted Mahomes, because of the potential for him to be better than EVERYONE some day, not just Alex
Why do those two statements have to be mutually exclusive (ignoring the hyperbole and TIC inaccuracy of the first one, of course)
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.