Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 10:59 PM   #1475
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I'm just really glad that Rhea is getting this opportunity to be lauded for both her beauty and her talent.

She's always been attractive, but her particular look has typecast her as the bitchy WASPy friend. She was in a string of dire sitcoms bitching about her ex-boyfriend and her painful shoes for laughs. Then she came in as the foil in the last season of Franklin and Bash.

She's one of those you see and say 'I HATE this show, but I hope she gets better work later.'
Yeah. She trips my trigger.

Beyond that though, her internal identity crisis is a pretty big deal in the story. It's obviously not as overt as Chuck offing himself, But it is a big plot piece. Kim has always grounded Jimmy. Given him a glimpse of a life to strive for. Now that she's going off the rails a bit, his moral compass is going to be gone and lead further down the road of Saul. Good writing too, something as innocuous as a completely unrelated car accident subtly but dramatically changes 2 characters lives.

Par for the course. The writing has been largely excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan View Post
Is it just me, or do you feel the kicking of the table was too drawn out? I fail to see the purpose. Maybe if Chuck's condition had created ticks and spasms before (it always seemed to paralyze him), could I see the purpose behind the drawn out scene, but it felt like it was filler and served no other true purpose.

Bash away.
Meh. Looked to me like he was getting up the nerve to do it. Happens a lot with suicides. People half ass it and chicken out before they do it for real.

Besides, have you watched the show? The producers love to work towards an event rather than stuffing it down your throat.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.