View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #8300
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Recipe? That looks legit.
It's an old recipe of mine and I don't remember it as it was written, I mainly just ad lib it to taste these days.

Simply flatten 2 chicken breasts with a mallet. I sautee the breasts in olive oil to brown it, then set it aside. Near the end I add a tiny bit of butter for flavor. I lid it for a few, so some juices spill out and get the inside to cook through. Then remove them and set aside when done.

Then I just toss in some light cream into the same pan using lite cream/coffee cream or half n' half. Just about enough to coat two breasts and a bit more, then add some Dijon mustard—maybe a tablespoon, until it thickens. It thickens fast so watch it and use about a med low heat or it curdles.

Then return breasts to the pan to coat and heat up, drop in some frozen peas. ( Don't cook them first as they will overcook). I only add the frozen peas to the brown rice once it's done too, then lid that pan again, for a short bit. It's all you need to cook them—just a little heat.

If your pan gets no juice and you get carmelization, just add a bit of water or broth to loosen it the bits...and you'll have some juice. Or do that before you lid the chicken and you'll get some liquid. Careful, you don't need much, just enough to add some flavor to the cream sauce. I mean a little or it affects the cream's consistency.

I toss some Herbes de Provence to top it off when I plate it, but even tarragon works. Or even savory can work. A few times I've added a small pinch of onion powder or garlic powder but very, very little. Not sure if I care for that, but experiment and see what you like. Didn't use it this time.

Quote:
My millet is up and looking good.
Great! Think of all those Celiacs and wheat-allergics you're helping.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.