View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 12:04 AM   #8258
EvOlVeD

made one of my best homemade sausage gravy's IMO. the biscuits were store bought scone's. i had the butcher make up 4 lbs minced pork. then i added the following:

homemade breakfast sausage recipe

3T brown sugar
2T sage
4t oregano, garlic powder, theyme
3t onion powder, red pepper flakes
1t salt, pepper
1/2t cayenne

the kicker is this though. you HAVE to let it marinate for about two days before you can cook it. (i made a sausage patty right after i mixed the herbs and it tasted nothing like two days later).

the only thing i would be willing to up ingredient wise would have been a little more salt. more red pepper flakes, and a tad more brown sugar.

i can't even recall what jimmy dean's tastes like now. but it would be cool if any of you wanted to compare this recipe and jimmy d's.
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.