View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 04:19 PM   #3066
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach tribe View Post
If he can't learn how to make his drops and call plays in a full season on the bench, then he should never have been drafted in the first or hell even the 2nd round..

He's a smart kid who works really hard and obviously wants to improve and wants to play....sooner rather than later.

A lot of you guys are really over blowing his situation..

He will be the starter in 2018, and he damn well better be ready or the coaching staff has failed.

I'm expecting him to well.
No, I'm not overstating the situation, at all.

O.City made the same comment back in January, that once he saw video of Mahomes games, he wouldn't take him before the 3rd round. I disagreed and thought the Chiefs should do whatever it takes to trade up and get him in the first and fortunately, they did just that.

But QB's are overvalued each and every year because great QB's are so rare. Mahomes will not only need to fix his mechanics and call plays with 18 words, he'll need to do it naturally and not fall back into bad habits.

The minute he's ready to lead the Chiefs will be when he's under center and not thinking about the play call or his mechanics, but the opposing defense.

That's going to take time.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.